Sunday, July 11, 2010

Idaho

Fri 107 miles to Plains, MT
Sat 95 miles to somewhere Idaho

Before I forget to mention IT again, we went tubing in Missoula.
Jumping from the bridge was a blast and the float was relaxing. The
finale to the float was a rapid that is visible from the park
downtown. Kayakers play in the rapids all day. If I lived there, IT
seems like it'd be a nice thing to see as I strolled thru my busy
days. We topped it off with ice cream and then Ryan and I made it up
for finger food and Rachel's rockin band. She's got a lovely voice.
They remind me of The Be Good Tanyas a bit and The Barrelhouse Mamas.

We rode out of Missoula on I-90 for. Roughly 60 miles. It's legal to
ride them out here and there usually isn't much traffic. The shoulders
are almost always good and they also tend to take less hilly routes.
We were a bit relieved to get off of IT though, mostly for a change of
scenery and shift of wind direction. Oh yeah... Another benefit of the
interstate... Senior citizens at the rest stop with refreshments. I
ate almost a dozen cookies; that was lunch.

We heard about some hot springs up the road and so we took the
opportunity to soak for a while. We heard conflicting Stories about
bears... Worry, don't worry. One girl said that a man had woken up a
few weeks ago with a bear chewing on his ear. We rode another 9 miles
up to the next town and camped in the county fairgrounds. With all of
our stops and a 12 noon departure, we got to camp around midnight. Lee
had 3, count 'em, 3, flats today. Not a good day for Lee.

Beakfast was delish. I didn't want much so I got the "small pancakes."
my jaw about dropped when she brought out my plate. The word "small"
should be removed from every dictionary in MT because thru don't know
what IT means. Everything out here is big.

We didn't quite make IT to Sandpoint. We got about 20 miles away and
we could see that we were headed straight for a storm. Just so
happened that we were at the junction for a great campground that
people apparently travel all over for. If I knew the name, I'd tell
you buy I don't and I am all wrapped up in my tent and I don't want to
get out!

Many new pics have been posted on facebook. I need to repost that link
when I think of it.

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment